29 September, 2006

Pacino Inside the Actors Studio

Bravo will be interviewing Al Pacino on ‘Inside the Actors Studio’ to be aired Oct 2, in the US. I don’t think Actors Studio Airs on Bravo over here, which is a shame because the interviews are quite candid and insightful. The last one I watched was with Dave Chapelle. During the show he bemoaned the outcome of ‘Half Baked’ describing his frustrations at not being able to make the film he wanted. He also discussed the cataclysmic success of the Chapelle show, which never lived up to the hype, and the tribulations of ‘Block Party’, all the while chain smoking like you don’t see famous people these days.

Back on to Pacino, in the interview he discusses;
How close he felt to being sacked on the set of ‘The Godfather’
“I was sure I was going to be replaced…and I finally just wanted to be replaced. I thought, 'What am I doing here? This is not working. I don't feel wanted (by Paramount).' An actor needs comforting and a certain amount of feeling that people want you there."
His Adoration for Robin Williams
I always try to be like Robin Williams, and be funny. He's my idol! And the one film I do with him is not funny ('Insomnia')."
His post Oscar winning experiences
"I won the Oscar. I was in shock and overwhelmed by the whole thing. I get in the elevator and I'm going down with a lot of people, we're packed like sardines. And I had my Oscar. A very well known actress is standing in front of me and she starts to squirm a little bit. And I realize the head of my Oscar is touching her behind. And I thought, "oh man, this is so weird." I pick the Oscar up and I leaned over in her ear and said, 'Oh pardon me, that wasn't me, it was my Oscar.'"
HA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


FREE Hit Counters!