07 November, 2006

Dixie Chicks v Death of a President

Right,
I discussed the Dixie Chicks ordeal about a week ago with the right wing US Networks Banning the commercial because the film is critical of our Commander in Chief. I cant stay in exile for another 2 years. This term has seemed like an eternity. I digress. More 4, here in the UK, screened Death of a President, which if i can say so, is a bit close to the bone. I dutifully watched with my pen and paper, taking notes, should the opportunity arise. I must say, the film is not that good. The acting is bad, strangely fantastical and over dramatic. The film was expensive and well constructed, but the content overshadowed the desire to make a good film.

The Dixie Chicks Film, I have only watched the trailers, but it looks worth a gander. Especially after all the additional censorship hype.

Anne Thompson plays two very different films, both anti Bush against each other in her blog.
referencing a NYT article questioning the the validity of controversy as a marketing tool.


I forgot to add the Dixie Chicks film in my last post



And here is the trailer from the C4 Assassination Film...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


FREE Hit Counters!