29 November, 2006

Alan Carr Dies of Lung Cancer

Off topic:

I owe a lot to Alan Carr as it was through his book that I quit smoking exactly one year ago. His book really changed my life for ever.

If anyone is trying unsuccessfully to quit the fags, I highly recommend his book.

Since quitting smoking he has spent 20 years in smoke filled rooms helping others kick the habit. This time combined with his 40+ year addiction to smoking surely lead to the disease. But not bad going at 73. I hope I am so lucky.

From the BBC News Site.


Allen Carr, 73, quit his 100-a-day habit 23 years ago, before going on to become a millionaire by advising people on how to stop smoking.

His books have become international bestsellers and he runs clinics all over the world.

Mr Carr says he sees his illness as a way to encourage more people to quit.

"Since I stopped smoking more than 23 years ago I have been the happiest man in the world. I still feel the same way," he added.

A spokesman said it was not possible to tell if the diagnosis was linked to his previous cigarette addiction.

"Allen has spent many years in smoke-filled rooms since he quit, whilst treating smokers for their addiction," the spokesman said.

"He is certain that, had he not quit, he would have been dead 20 years ago.

"He remains in high spirits and sees this latest stage in his remarkable life as an opportunity to make his method even more recognised and widely available."

Mr Carr gave up accountancy to set up his first clinic in south-west London in 1983.

He has since set up 70 clinics in 30 countries treating 45,000 people last year.

Celebrities to have benefited from Mr Carr's methods include Sir Anthony Hopkins and Sir Richard Branson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


FREE Hit Counters!