10 August, 2006

HD DVD fast to the mark on Soprano's

HD Beat is reporting that HBO will be releasing The Sopranos on HD DVD this November. This was promptly followed by the news that Disney won’t be able to get Pirates 2 or Cars out on Blu-ray until next summer. Ouch, does this seam like a format war?  Or has a clear winner taken hold.
I had been in the Blu-ray camp due to the capacity and what I can tell of the development path. However, I feel the public will adopt the early to market, easy to remember and cheaper HD DVD.
I was thinking that I would like to get some of the Soprano’s sets, but am holding off all DVD purchases until I upgrade once a format truce is announced.  I just wonder if they will be releasing the old box sets re-mastered in line with the conclusion of the series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


FREE Hit Counters!